Current Career Opportunities
Network Engineer/Systems Administrator
Network Engineer or SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Experience required: 1 year
MS in CS/Electrical & Computer Engineering/CE
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software
- Troubleshoot systems problems and recommend and implement appropriate solutions
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems. Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Participate in the 24x7 on call rotation which requires physical availability Develop automation tools to make the systems more reliable and efficient Communicate and collaborate effectively with management, other group members, and interested parties to achieve group and corporate objectives
Required experience must include experience in:
- Solaris & Unix
- VPN & Firewall
- LAN, DNS, DHCP
- Windows XP
- Network Management